Considering Thompson is one of the best shooters in National Basketball Association history, the numbers are alarming, but Warriors beat writer Anthony Slater told the Murph and Mac Show on Monday that Golden State's ability to win without one of their top scorers is actually a good sign moving forward.
If both teams finalize on the said rumors and shake hands to seal the deal, both teams will benefit from the trade situation. Chemistry issues would pose a problem for the team if the new mix doesn't blend.
The Warriors next game comes against the Oklahoma City Thunder, who will never forget what Thompson did to them in Game 6 of the Western Conference Finals past year, single-handedly keeping the Warriors season alive with 11 made three pointers in the come from behind victory. Thompson played a big role in the June Finals against the Cavaliers as a 3-point specialist and a prolific scorer for the team, but with Durant in the picture, it seems that everything is about to change as the season progresses.
Klay Thompson says that the Warriors' front office would rather let Thompson go to keep Kevin Durant in the team.
This has resulted in talks that Thompson may be making his way out of the team.
According to Sportsrageous, the acquisition of Kevin Durant in the offseason made Thompson lose his rhythm.
Thompson's averages have dipped so far this season, and most noticeable is his three-point shooting.
The Warriors had their best performance of the young season in Tuesday night's 127-104 beatdown of the Portland Trail Blazers, but one notable player continued to struggle.
This has resulted in many believing that Durant's arrival may make way for Thompson's eventual move away.
- Free Meals For Veterans
- Megyn Kelly vs. Newt Gingrich: Has the Republican Feminist Awakening Begun?
- Outlander season 3 air date, spoilers: Caitriona Balfe promises more intimate scenes
- Samsung confirms Galaxy S8 will come with new AI assistant
- Candidates for senator, governor fan out across Indiana
- Shasta County woman reported missing
- Newt Gingrich to Megyn Kelly: "That's because you're fascinated with sex".
- Kim Kardashian West's brief social media return
- Nationwide recall on Narcan Nasal Atomizer
- President Obama Reads Mean Tweets, Dishes Sick Trump Burn