We came away very impressed with the performance of AMD's Ryzen 5 1600 and Ryzen 5 1600X CPUs in productivity applications, bestowing the coveted Editor's Choice Award upon them. Although we don't know how much X399 motherboards will cost, AMD says that the Ryzen Threadripper 1920X and 1950X will be priced at $799 and $999 respectively.
So, if the top-spec Threadripper is going to be $999, that by extension means there will also be a 16-core / 32-thread chip that costs less than that. Rather than the "universal" AM4 socket, which is used for mainstream Ryzen and Zen-based APU products, the Naples-based Threadrippers require a motherboard with the new TR4 socket.
Moving on to more mundane processors from AMD, the company has also officially announced the two members of the Ryzen 3 family: the Ryzen 3 1200 and 1300X. Meanwhile, the 12-core, 24-threaded Ryzen Threadripper 1920X will be $200 less tab $799.
We've been waiting for more info on AMD's hardcore, 16-core CPU known as Threadripper since it was announced. They both go on sale on July 27.
While AMD has revealed a lot of details regarding its two upcoming quad-core Ryzen 3 SKUs yesterday, including the clocks and the launch date, we are still missing a couple of key details, including the TDP, amount of cache and the price.
Both Ryzen Threadripper CPUs offer higher performance in Cinebench r15 than Intel 7900X, as demonstrated in the video. Intel hasn't readjusted its pricing on the low-end models, but now that AMD is squeezing the entire desktop spectrum, we could see a reaction. Moreover, the AMD chips will hit the market shelves earlier than Intel's. They're likely to be pretty damned affordable though, as the step-up Ryzen 5 series bottoms out at $169 for the 4-core, 8-thread Ryzen 5 1400, and the Core i3-7100 that AMD compared the Ryzen 3 1300X against retails for $117.
- Frixon Chila gana medalla de plata en Mundial de Atletismo de Kenia
- La pesada broma de Peyton Manning a Kevin Durant
- Knicks on verge of hiring Perry as GM — NBA notebook
- Manchester City close to deal for Benjamin Mendy - Report
- Arsene Wenger sends message to Arsenal supporters about Danny Welbeck
- Exigen AN y PRD renuncia de Ruiz Esparza
- Triaca culpó a los sindicalistas radicalizados — Pepsico
- Con la Constituyente llegará la paz — Presidente Maduro
- Hallan tres cuerpos en Cabo San Lucas
- Advierten desbandada en el PRD si hay alianza con PAN