Davies (11-4) gave up six runs - five earned - on seven hits and five walks while striking out six over 5 1/3 innings. There were a couple of walks that really hurt him.
The offense managed six runs on nine hits. Aaron Nola (6-6, 3.59) goes for the Phillies. "Today wasn't his best". He's been able to catch batters looking on backdoor strike threes with his fastball.
Odubel Herrera went 1-3 with a two-run homer. Corey Knebel pitched the ninth for his 15th save.
After Pivetta sandwiched walks to Davies and Eric Thames around a single to Jonathan Villar, Braun came up and wasted little time.
Brewers: RHP Jimmy Nelson (8-4, 3.30 ERA) makes his 19th start of the season and fourth career against the Phillies. "But I don't think it'll be a distraction, especially if we keep winning". That was a recipe for a 4.62 ERA despite his underlying stats saying he should have been even worse. He brings a.296/.366/.565 slash line into action Saturday after he was acquired in the offseason. "He threw him a bad pitch for a guy that was going to be aggressive".
Further down in the lineup, Travis Shaw has shaken off a trade from the Boston Red Sox and cemented his role as the cleanup hitter. After Braun's grand slam, he retired nine consecutive batters. The Phillies are #21 in pitching with a 4.63 ERA and have had more then their share of issues in the bullpen so close games and late leads have gone in the loss column too often.
Carlos Torres came on to record the final two outs of the sixth inning.
Milwaukee Brewers minus-1.5 at plus-130: $500 to win $650 : I usually don't recommend betting the home team to win by more than one run - they get one less at-bat, after all.
Although the 33-year-old slugger has missed over half of Milwaukee's 92 games this season, he's still produced 11 home runs and 27 RBI over 41 games when healthy and has anchored a spot in the middle of the club's batting order. To make matters worse, Aaron Altherr went down with a mild right hamstring strain. Braun crushed the first pitch for his sixth career grand slam, most in franchise history.
There's also plenty of youth excelling in Milwaukee. Instead, he remained in Philadelphia rehabbing his strained left hamstring.
Ricardo Pinto struck out two coming in relief in the sixth. Velasquez has been out since May 31 because of a strained flexor in his right elbow.
- Randazzo lanzó su campaña con chicanas para Cristina y Macri
- Sin título mundial: Jonathan Barros perdió con Lee Selby en Londres
- US-backed opposition seeks to oust Venezuela government
- Ponen en marcha Operativo de Seguridad Verano 2017
- Presidente Maduro recibe restos de Argimiro Gabaldón en el Panteón Nacional
- COLOMBIA: Murió modelo atacada en gimnasio de Santander de Quilichao
- Mayer perdió la final del torneo Challenger de Suecia
- Alexis habló con Wenger para confirmarle su continuidad en el Arsenal
- Otra caída en el Mundial de Leyendas
- Ryan Lochte cleared of criminal charges in Rio encounter