"They're that close to being able to push for the title but they probably need that Gareth Bale type figure to carry them".
Insistence that Rose will remains represents the second time Tottenham have blocked one of their star players moving to Old Trafford, after they prevented Eric Dier joining United. Setting aside the fact that Tottenham will obviously resist selling one of their best players to a London rival, an offer of 40 million pounds seems incredibly low. The manager has had a lot to do with that and so has the chairman, to be fair.
Rose is likely to miss the start of the season as he continues his recovery from the injury he picked up back in January. Rose would be a potent addition and would boost the Home Grown quota for the club as well.
But, the aforementioned amount should test Spurs' resolve and Pochettino might agree to sell the player and promote Ben Davies to be the first-choice left-back for the team, as has been the case in the Kyle Walker saga with regards to Kieran Trippier and the promotion of Kyle Walker-Peters to the first-team.
The 27-year-old was out injured until now, which is why Tottenham didn't get many enquiries for the player.
"Across the city, Manchester City are priced at 10/1 to land Rose after already outlaying £50m on Walker".
- Invitados a la boda de Messi dieron regalos "miserables"
- Mourinho pidió que Bale no juegue la Supercopa
- Mirá quién revivió en Brasil a Marilyn Monroe
- El curioso elogio de Macri a Vidal
- 'Rigo' y Nairo representarán a Colombia en el Mundial de Ciclismo
- Anthony Scaramucci's Phone Call to New Yorker's Ryan Lizza — AUDIO
- NBA: Thunder y Heat serán los rivales del Nets en México
- Ministerio Público cooperará con otros poderes para restablecer la paz — William Saab
- Chicharito aprobó la llegada de Carlos Vela a la MLS
- Gobierno prepara cierre de penal Punta Peuco para septiembre