It added: "Philippe will remain a member of Liverpool Football Club when the summer window closes".
Liverpool have subsequently insisted that is "not true", on a day which has also seen their owners issue a statement stressing their stance that the 25-year-old will not be sold during the current transfer window.
"But a transfer is also a question of timing and if you have the opportunity and the need to react to such a transfer". The 30-year-old is a team player and the players will miss his presence in the dressing room.
In recent years, the city of Liverpool has been overtaken in terms of success - particularity by both clubs in rival Manchester.
"I'm happy. You can imagine we are still working on different things and we will see if it works". His adamant nature showed when he vehemently said that even if people are angry at him, the team must stay confident.
Jurgen Klopp has maintained his stand that Coutinho is not for sale, despite strong interest from Barcelona. His magic performances has even prompted Sadio Mane to switch positions with the Egyptian to accommodate him fully in the squad.
That's according to The Times' Paul Joyce amid speculation the Brazilian wants to quit Anfield for a move to Barcelona. That's how life is. Moreno is currently higher in the pecking order. A price at which we are ready to give in.
He joined Liverpool from Inter Milan in January 2013 for £8.5m.
Earlier on Friday it was announced that Coutinho would miss the season opener against Watford with a back injury.
This one definitely doesn't seem over.
"In fact, Coutinho was not a transfer target before Neymar because they feel that he is a forward more than a midfielder".
Barcelona's follow-up bid came after the Merseyside club first rejected a £72m offer for the Brazil international last month. But a perception that they're not prepared to go large in the transfer market has lost some goodwill.
Will Hughes admits he is 'massively excited' about the prospect of making his Watford debut on Saturday against Liverpool, the team he supported growing up.
- Guardiola defends Man City's big spending
- Odds a slap in the face — Jones vs Lesnar
- Presidente chino pide a Trump que baje su tono ante crisis
- Se estanca actividad industrial en el país
- Declaran emergencia por choques en una marcha supremacista blanca en EE.UU
- New update brings front flash to Google Camera
- Hijo de 'El Tío' busca ampararse para no ser detenido ni extraditado
- Vocalista de Villa Cariño e hija menor de Michelle Bachelet juntos
- A interrogatorio exministras Gina Parody y Cecilia Álvarez, por caso Odebrecht
- Todo listo para la XXII Asamblea Nacional del PRI. Con Jaime Nuñez