The reigning champions have refused to comment on the latest impasse with their wantaway striker, with head coach Antonio Conte replying "I don't know" when asked when the striker might return to London.
Having gone down to 10 men following Gary Cahill's red card after 15 minutes, Sam Vokes gave the away side a surprise lead, before Irish defender Stephen Ward doubled his side's advantage with a stunning half-volley from the edge of the box.
Two of the favourites for this season's Premier League title race, Liverpool and Chelsea, both failed to win on Saturday.
After an incredible season opener against Burnley which saw the Blues lose 2-3, punters have piled into the next manager to leave market, and it's now just 7/2 Conte is the first to be axed or walk.
"After the red card we lost our heads, conceded two goals and then it's very difficult to change the final result".
"I think Alvaro has good space to improve, he's working very well and working very hard to quickly find good fitness and adapt himself to our style of football".
Despite his criticism, Rudiger believes Chelsea's attempt to salvage a point against the odds should give them encouragement that the defeat is only a temporary blip. But no one would have expected what was to unfold at Stamford Bridge on Saturday. In fact, they opened up the pitch more with 10 on the pitch.
Chelsea are the league's best team when it comes to opening the season.
However, the failure to secure reported transfer targets such as Romelu Lukaku and Leonardo Bonucci, Diego Costa's pariah status and the departure of Nemanja Matic to the benefit of Manchester United all appear to have irked the former Juventus boss.
It was a nervous time for Burnley fans as Chelsea continued to press.
- Los Leones campeones de la Copa Panamericana
- Trump y Macron se unen contra Corea del Norte
- Así pensaba Trump sobre atacar a Corea del Norte en 1999
- Trump: 'There Are No Mixed Messages' From Our Administration on North Korea
- Cuáles son los documentos habilitados para votar
- Copa Panamericana de hockey césped: 'Diablas' buscarán un inédito título ante Argentina
- Argentina encara primarias para las legislativas, el primer test para Macri — URUGUAY
- Vidal: "El voto, más que una obligación es una oportunidad"
- Marchista mexicana Guadalupe González plata en Mundial de Atletismo
- Randazzo también denunció al Correo Argentino por faltantes de boletas