Pochettino said that he has accepted Rose's apology and he reiterated that the club would sign players before the close of the transfer window.
The 27-year-old England worldwide has been a mainstay at left back for Spurs since the 2013-14 campaign, although he missed the back-end of last season after sustaining a knee injury in January.
Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino has responded to comments made by left-back Danny Rose about the club's transfer activity, stating that Spurs fans had to use Google to find out who he was when he first came to England in 2013. "I don't think it's a matter to joke about because with some of the worldwide players today, maybe one or two years ago, none of us knew them very well".
Gayle missed the final two friendlies of pre-season due to these hamstring/confidence problems and only played 30 minutes of the third last one.
Rose told The Sun on the eve of the new Premier League season that "I know my worth and I will make sure I get my worth", as well as imploring the board to sign "world-class players" and "not players you have to google and say, 'who's that?'"
"Also, when I first arrived here, people wanted to know who Mauricio Pochettino too".
"The Premier League's the place to be in England".
Daniel Levy is claimed to be in Amsterdam attempting to seal a deal for the 21-year-old Columbian who has two worldwide caps. I'm just not buying the idea that we don't need anyone.
"If you see the squad, it is obvious that we need a striker".
Pochettino has however reminded Rose that some of Tottenham's most successful players were signed by the club while still relatively unknown. I don't understand why I have to answer this question because the player has [shown] regret and has apologised for that he said regarding everything.
"As a Tottenham player I'd love to see more signings". "We were focused from the beginning of preseason to challenge and try again to prepare ourselves to compete in a very tough league, I think the toughest league in the world".
"He obviously would not want that, because you don't want to be going into a season when the whole team is down".
- Vidal: "El voto, más que una obligación es una oportunidad"
- Macri ejerce su voto en las elecciones PASO de Argentina
- Marchista mexicana Guadalupe González plata en Mundial de Atletismo
- Randazzo también denunció al Correo Argentino por faltantes de boletas
- Burnley beat champs Chelsea in season opener
- Así pensaba Trump sobre atacar a Corea del Norte en 1999
- Argentina encara primarias para las legislativas, el primer test para Macri — URUGUAY
- Trump: 'There Are No Mixed Messages' From Our Administration on North Korea
- Trump y Macron se unen contra Corea del Norte
- Los Leones campeones de la Copa Panamericana